What is the best way for me to apply for a position?
Please apply online through our Careers site.
What should I wear to the interview?
You should feel comfortable and confident about your appearance and dress appropriate to the position you’re interviewing for.
What are some questions to expect?
- Our questions tend to follow the opening of, "Tell me about a time when" or "Give me an example of a time when" you demonstrated a particular competency.
- Your answers should be based on recent experiences on the job or at school or even at volunteer activities. We will be interested in hearing about the situation you were involved with, what you did, decisions you made, and the results or outcome.
- We may even ask if there would be anything you'd do differently or what you learned as a result of the situation. The more recent your examples, the better!
- Our interviewers are trained to probe for specifics if they are not initially given, so you'll have an opportunity to expand on your situations and examples, but it is strongly suggested that you give as much information upfront as possible.
- Always remember - RELAX!
- People's experience and work backgrounds vary a great deal. Your experience is your experience and we'd like to explore it with you during your interview.
What is the hiring process like?
Listed below are the basic selection process steps. This is informational only. These steps may be modified and/or skipped at the discretion of the hiring manager. Moving forward through any of the steps does not guarantee an offer for the open position applied for.
- Technical/Operational Skills Discussion. This may be done over the phone or one-on-one with the hiring manager or HR representative. This is designed to allow the hiring manager to ask about critical, technical or operational skills required for the job.
- In-Person Interviews. This step may include a series of one-on-one and/or panel interviews. Panel interviews are quickly becoming popular to fill positions in Wendy's Restaurant Support Center, as this method allows for time efficiency and rich discussion.
- Offer Extension. If offered a position, you will receive a formal offer letter.
Do I need prior fast food restaurant experience to be considered?
No, but just have the characteristics we are looking for - we'll train you! Here's some information on working at Wendy's: Careers
Do I need to have a resume?
No, just stop by your local restaurant and fill out a Wendy's application. Search for open positions: Careers
What are interviewers looking for?
We want team members who want to work and align with our values. We are looking for smart and energetic people who are a cut above the rest.
- Quality Is Our Recipe
- Do The Right Thing
- Treat People With Respect
- Profit Means Growth
- Give Something Back
What should I wear to the interview?
You should be comfortable and neat in your appearance so you feel confident and prepared.
What are some questions to expect?
Most interviews will include several questions about your past work history and your interest in working at Wendy's.
What if I can't answer a question they ask during the interview?
Tell the interviewer that you need some more time to collect your thoughts. The interviewer understands that people can be nervous in interview settings and will be patient with you. You should never make up an interview answer. If you truly do not have an experience that matches what has been asked for, let the interviewer know. Be honest and open as you talk with the interviewer.
How do I know if I'm eligible to apply?
Our ideal candidate has a strong customer focus, initiative, and a can-do attitude. We're looking for real team players who can take and receive direction well and accomplish many tasks during one of our action-packed shifts. Whether you're wearing a headset and manning the drive-thru, greeting customers and running the register, preparing menu items, loading stock or keeping the restaurant clean and inviting, your accuracy and attention to detail are qualities that will make you a star player on the Wendy's team.
The following are examples of some, but not all, of the essential job functions of a Wendy's Crew Member:
Ability to stand for long periods
Frequent bending, kneeling, lifting (25 - 50 pounds)
Ability to use headset to take customer orders or to take or give direction
Ability to use general restaurant equipment (e.g., warmer, fryer, slicer, grill, etc.)
Ability to come to work promptly and regularly
Ability to take direction and work well with others
Ability to accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
Ability to concentrate and perform duties accurately
Ability to learn and apply policies and procedures
Ability to react to change productively and handle other tasks assigned
Ability to complete all applicable training programs
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that may involve exposure to noise, heat, cold or other elements
Check out what it's like to work at Wendy's: Careers
What skills will I gain from working as a crewmember at Wendy's?
Our fast-paced company offers you the kinds of challenges that build skills. You'll learn how to manage time, handle multiple responsibilities and work with a team. Your capabilities will grow as you develop with us. In addition, we'll make sure you have the personalized training, support and tools to reach your goals.
You will gain experience in all aspects of restaurant operations, from customer service to food preparation and cash handling. In addition, you learn valuable life skills, such as time management, multitasking and the ability to perform under pressure. We're big on training and eager to see you expand your horizons as part of our team.
Can I still work at Wendy's and be a student or a parent?
Yes. We'll help create the flexible full-time or part-time schedule that makes sense for you.
Can I take time off if I work at Wendy's?
Of course! Working at Wendy's is a flexible job. You submit time off requests and your manager works with you to give you the time off you need for school, family or personal time.
- Where can I find a list of open jobs?
Why would I love to work at Wendy's?
Wendy's is a great choice. Whether you're interested in crew positions, restaurant operations or corporate and field support, check us out. The environment is fun, your co-workers will be supportive and hard-working, and you will enjoy your job.
We are committed to fairness and equal opportunity for our employees. It's how we do business, and it includes how we work with our most valuable asset, our people. Our policies, practices and core values have always promoted including everyone in our work. While we celebrate personal qualities and talents, we are united in our dedication to delighting customers.
- How do I apply for a job?
Do you offer benefits?
Wendy's offers industry-competitive salaries designed to attract the best people, as well as incentive programs based on performance. As your skills and responsibilities grow, your earnings will, too. Our comprehensive benefits package is designed to promote wellness and work/life balance for both hourly and salaried employees.
How can I advance my career at Wendy's?
We have a defined career path within our restaurants - one that can take you as far as your ambition and abilities allow. We grow our team by promoting from within our restaurants. In fact, over 80% of our Shift Supervisors are promoted from the Crewmember ranks. If you are ready to build a career with us, we'll encourage you to develop the right skills, provide the support you need and give you the opportunity to step into new roles as they become available. There are more opportunities to advance here than you can imagine.
75% of our General Managers are promoted from within.
90% of our District Managers are promoted from within.
95% of our Directors of Area Operations are promoted from within.
I use a wheelchair. Can I still work at Wendy's?
Wendy's is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.