Welcome! Thank you for visiting an offering owned and operated by Wendy’s International, LLC. To help inform you, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of information you submit or we collect through our website www.wendys.com and our other related mobile websites, mobile Wendy’s applications (“mobile apps”), services, tools, and other applications (collectively, the “Site”). A reference to “Wendy’s,” “our,” “we,” or “us” includes Wendy’s International, LLC and each of its related, affiliated, parent or subsidiary companies.
Contents & Summary
|We collect the following information when you use the Site:
|When you create an account or profile on the Site, you voluntarily give us personal information.
When you create a MyWendy’s account, you voluntarily give us personal information.
|(c) Career Registrations:||
When you register to receive job alerts or apply for a job, you voluntarily give us personal and non-personal information. For more information, see our Career Submission Terms.
|(d) Information to Respond to Your Requests:||
|(e) Social Media Information:||
If you sign in to your MyWendy’s account through third-party social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, you agree to give us ongoing access to some of your personal information.
|(f) Information From Other Sources:||
We may, on occasion, combine information from outside sources to customize your experience on the Site.
|(g) Information You Post on the Site:||
You may provide us with information regarding your personal beliefs, opinions, and background by completing a profile, or by posting recommendations, comments, or ratings on the Site.
(h) Mobile Information:
We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g., your unique device identifier, your device’s operating system, or the mobile carrier for your phone).
|(i) Technical Usage Information:||
|(j) Location / Geolocation:||
By using the Site, you expressly consent to our collection and use of your location and/or geolocation information.
|We use information collected from you to operate the Site and contact you. Your information is retained for as long as we need it for our business.|
|We may share your personal information and other information we collect with the following entities: (a) Wendy’s; (b) our service providers and other third parties; (c) other entities with your consent; (d) legal and law enforcement; (e) other entities in the event of a change of control; and (f) companies in the mobile app industry if you access the Site via a mobile device or app.|
|You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from Wendy’s on the Site or by following instructions within the notifications.|
|We use tracking technologies (including cookies) to recognize you, protect your privacy, customize your experience on the Site, and target the content/advertising you see, including providing videos customized to your interests. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media.|
|You can review and edit your personal information by accessing your account on the Site.|
|If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information and how we respond to Do Not Track signals.|
|We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites that are linked to or from the Site.|
|We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration.|
|The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13.|
|We store and process your personal information on our computer systems in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world.|
- Information We Collect
- Registration and Account Information:
- MyWendy’s Account Registration:
- Career Registrations:
- General Account: To register for a General Account, you will provide us with certain personal information and non-personal information (e.g., education level, job preferences, job level, schedule, availability to travel, job type and geographic area).
- Application Account: To apply for a position, you will need to establish an “Application Account.” In order to do so, you will provide us with your email address, password and secret question that will allow you to access your account later. Also, when you apply for a job or authorize us to obtain a consumer report (e.g., background check), we will collect personal and non-personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, resume, employment history, reference information, compensation, education and compensation history, and social security number). Also, you may upload your photo to the website on your resume.
Visit our Career Submission Terms for more information regarding the types of career information we collect and how we treat that information.
- Social Media Information:
- Information from Other Sources:
- Content You Post and Associate with Your Profile on the Site:
- Mobile Information: Mobile Apps Policy and any applicable Just in Time Notice in our Mobile Apps.
- Technical Usage Information:
- Uses and Retention
- Operate Our Site: We use the information collected to: (i) respond to your requests; (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes or problems with your account/profile or the Site); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising, that we believe may be of most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; (v) give you information about your account; (vi) manage Site traffic; (vii) assess promotional effectiveness; (viii) administer surveys, clubs, promotions (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, reward and loyalty programs); (ix) manage your purchases (e.g., remember shopping cart information); (x) marketing purposes; (xi) to improve products and services; (xii) consider your job application; and (xiii) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information: We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior, including for example, browser information and referring website address. We may also use this information to prepare aggregated reports (e.g., total number of visitors, IP addresses, browser types, access times, pages viewed and referring website addresses).
- Communicate With You: We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, or to comply with your stated communication preferences (e.g., for newsletters), or to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
- Your Career Interests: Pursuant to our Career Submission Terms, we may use information you provide to process your interest or application in a Wendy’s job position. See the Career Submission Terms for details.
You expressly consent to our lawful worldwide use of your personal information and that we may retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our business operations, including to effectuate your requests. Further, you consent to the ability of third party service providers working on our behalf to collect and retain personal information and non-personal usage information for Site operation purposes (e.g., fraud prevention). Further, you consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for up to two years (or as permitted by applicable law) or until you withdraw consent.
- Disclosure of Information
- Wendy’s: We may share the information we collect about you within Wendy’s and with Franchisees, as well as with third party suppliers. The information may be disclosed to: (i) provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (ii) help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud, and/or data security breaches; and (iii) guide decisions about Wendy’s or third party products, sites, applications, services, tools, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
- Other Entities with Your Consent: Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). This may include, without limitation, third party social media networks such as Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, Twitter, and others. On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- Legal and Law Enforcement: Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Wendy’s user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Companies in the Mobile App Industry: If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we may also share your information with companies in the mobile app industry, such as carriers, operating systems, and platforms.
- Your Choices
- Information You Share on the Site:
- Communication Preferences and Marketing (Opt-out):
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Site. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference within the direct communication from us or through your account/profile settings. You may not opt-out of administrative emails (e.g., emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
- Information You Share on the Site:
- Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (cookies)
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g. cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that Wendy’s sets, so that only Wendy’s and our designated service providers (e.g., our advertising and technology partners) can interpret the information stored in them.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third party service providers that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services, such as Google Analytics, as further described above.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized (e.g., if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page).
- We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years (or as permitted by applicable law) or until you withdraw consent.
- Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our online service has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at: Wendy’s International, LLC, One Dave Thomas Boulevard, Dublin, OH 43017, Attn: General Counsel, Legal Department. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Wendy’s responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Wendy’s does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
- Third Parties
- Children's Privacy Section 14 below.
- International Transfer
- Notification Regarding Updates
- Contact Us
Last Updated: July 25, 2018