It’s an exciting time to join and grow with Wendy’s®.
As we plan to build more traditional restaurants over the next several years, we're seeking new franchise owners to supercharge our efforts, transform markets and unlock new potential.
Ownership in the Wendy's System is a transformational financial opportunity that can impact generations. Want to grow with Wendy's for years to come? We want to hear from you!
Wendy's strength is due to:
- Commitment to quality and our craveable, evolving menu
- Innovating range of restaurant designs that emphasize friendly, accurate and fast service in inviting, modern, clean and upbeat environments
- Impactful advertising and digital marketing
- Strong, experienced leadership team
- Corporate social responsibility approach called Good Done Right, which guides our business and is focused on respect, equality and fair treatment for our team members, franchisees and partners
- Experienced franchise community, including our high energy "Next Generation" of franchisees
- Community involvement through Wendy's signature cause, the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption®, that's committed to finding permanent, loving homes for children in the foster care system
We're looking for Wendy's kind of people - people who are enthusiastic about serving fresh, craveable food and providing exceptional customer service.
We are seeking operators, preferably who:
- Are interested in single-unit (U.S. and Canada only) and multi-unit opportunities globally through the development of new restaurants or by the acquisition of existing restaurants
- Have single-unit or multi-unit restaurant (preferably quick service) experience with proven leadership skills
- Are passionate, with a focus on restaurant experience, local market knowledge, and a strong willingness to learn and practice the Wendy's business model
- Demonstrate exceptional managerial and business acumen
- Have a growth-driven mindset with the vision to expand into multiple locations
- Have access to adequate capital for reinvestment in Wendy's image activation program and new restaurant development
Wendy's has created more competitive liquidity and net worth requirements for all new franchise applicants.
Minimum net worth**Net worth requirements vary for international markets and according to market opportunity
U.S. and Canada Fees and Estimated Costs
Costs and fees are different for markets outside of the U.S. and Canada and vary according to market opportunity. Costs may vary based on your area of interest and can be discussed during our initial conversations.
Ready to become a Wendy's franchisee? Here are the steps to ownership and to serving the Wendy's fans in your community.
- If you are interested in pursuing Wendy's franchise opportunities and meet our initial qualifications and requirements, please complete and submit the Wendy's Prospective Franchising Questionnaire and Wendy's Franchise Recruitment team will be in touch shortly after receiving your information.
- This is a preliminary questionnaire only. A Prospective Franchisee Application will be required if Wendy's and the applicant agree to continue discussing franchise opportunities. The questionnaire or application is not to be construed as an offer of a franchise, a commitment, or a binding agreement on either party.
- Depending upon our review, and the existence of potential opportunities, we will provide additional information about Wendy's, including Wendy's Franchise Disclosure Document ("FDD") and a Prospective Franchisee Application.